How can I save?! How can I save?! These are the silent screams of thoughts in the subconscious minds of every Malawian embedded by our culture. The little disposable income squeezes the amounts available for costs regarded as luxuries such as running expenses for cars. This however, influences the choice of vehicles one buys or intends to buy. Therefore the purpose of this article is to address this issue and highlight why certain vehicles flood our national roads.
1. Toyota Passo
The Toyota Passo usually comes in engine sizes of 990cc and 1290cc. The Toyota Passo is a proof that great things truly do come in small packages. The Toyota Passo is a 5-door hatchback that boasts a generous amount of cargo room. The rear seats fold down, allowing you to transport large, cumbersome items without a problem. Best of all, the Toyota Passo has an extremely low cost of ownership, thanks to its dependability and low fuel consumption.
2. Toyota Vitz
The second most recommended car for first-time buyers is a TOYOTA VITZ.
The Toyota Vitz comes in engine sizes of 990cc-1490cc. Apart from the exceptional fuel economy; the Vitz has an added advantage of a better design, beauty and space. Its popularity can be attributed to its versatile hatchback design, dependability and exceptional fuel economy. If you are looking for a low cost of ownership, Vitz is the car for you.
3. NISSAN TIIDA LATIO
The third most recommended car for first-time buyers is a NISSAN TIIDA LATIO.
The Nissan Tiida Latio commonly comes with an engine size of 1490cc although others are 1790cc. It is a very smart and affordable sedan. It is mostly used by companies for their sales personnel and mid management staff. It features a comfortable seating arrangement and plenty of room in the boot for cargo. Under the bonnet you will find a lineup of fuel- efficient engines, providing low cost of ownership. The Tiida Latio is a sensible vehicle that is designed to provide many years of trouble-free service.
4. VOLKSWAGEN POLO
The fourth most recommended car for first-time buyers is a VOLKSWAGEN POLO.The VW Polo is loved by the youthful population of the Malawi mainly because the design gives it a decent look and its ability to go at high speeds without losing balance and grip on the roads. The Polo’s fit and finish is incredible and its durability is legendary.
5. HONDA FIT
The fifth most recommended car for first-time buyers is a HONDA FIT.It is known for being fun to drive as well as extremely dependable. It can be had as a Hybrid vehicle or with a fuel-efficient petrol engine. You can bring the entire family along in the four-door Honda Fit.
5 points why these cars are preferred by first-time buyers
These vehicles are preferred by most first-time buyers because of the following reasons:
1. Cost-effective – These vehicles can be found at very low costs, which are affordable and mostly regarded as if you are just paying for freight yet their performance mechanically does not disappoint.
2. Lesser Import Duty – These vehicles attract lesser import duty charges as they are based on year of manufacture, engine size and Cost, Insurance, Freight (C.I.F.) So because the year of manufacture is usually within 12 years, the cost (C.I.F.) is in most cases less than $1,800 and these vehicles have one of the smallest engine sizes resulting in lower percentages of import duty being applicable.
3. Lower Running Costs – These vehicles have small engine sizes therefore they consume lesser fuel in comparison to many other vehicles, which bring savings on monthly budgets. The fuel costs of these vehicles are not so different from the bus fares hence the reason these vehicles have been proven to be more economical than minibuses in the transportation of people within cities. Costs of services and repairs are low because of their popularity. Spare parts are readily available and they don’t need expert mechanics because these are not so sophisticated vehicles.
4. Easy for Resale – These vehicles have a reputation of being economically friendly and do not give mechanical problems therefore most customers trust their durability.
5. Value for Money – These vehicles are among the most recommended because of their smart and splendiferous designs. Their quality in terms of performance, engine functionality and durability makes them valuable for money units.
This article is written by BE FORWARD Supporters ID 78379 Makhumbo Chikaonda in Malawi.
What is BE FORWARD Supporters? Click here to join!